Professional Services Engineer
San Francisco, CA, United States
About the JobThe Professional Services Engineering team configures and maintains the Opower SaaS platform for electric and gas utilities around the world! We're seeking ambitious, creative individuals to act as dedicated resources to support and deliver new functionality for a highly visible key Opower enterprise customer.
We are looking for smart and driven lead engineers who are detailed oriented and love building lasting solutions for customers. Client deployment work is primarily done in Opower’s office but we still interface closely with our utility customers' technical points of contact. We work very closely with Opower’s software R&D team and use our insights from interaction with our customers to influence on the functionality and design of the product.
- Act as a dedicated technical contact for a highly visible Opower enterprise utility
- Have deep understanding of our products functioning and ability to explain it to others and think about how client customization and delivery can be sped up and improved.
- Analyze, transform, and load the data from our utility company partners to ensure the highest quality imports into the reporting system
- Integrate utility data with other data from various 3rd party sources like demographic data providers and parcel data
- Problem solving, task management, client delivery
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
- You are a leader who began as an engineer who somehow always manages to get 10 times more done than your peers.
- You are hands on, detail-oriented, methodical, a perfectionist and work well with others.
- You have experience communicating complex technical issues to business and technical customer stakeholders
- You function well in a fast-paced, informal environment where constant change is the norm and the bar for quality is set high.
- You have a master SQL querying and know your way around a database (with knowledge of ETL concepts if not working experience).
- Linux/Unix and shell scripts are your friends.
- You demonstrate some programming knowledge (Java is a plus).
- You love to surf through large amounts of data to find and explain anomalies.
- You are willing to travel nationally and internationally up to 15%.
Share this job: http://opower.com/job/oku4Wfwy