Associate Professional Services Engineer
Arlington, VA, United States
About the JobThe Professional Services Engineering team configures and maintains the Opower SaaS platform for electric and gas utilities around the world! We're seeking ambitious, creative individuals to help us launch new utilities, perform updates to live utilities, and help build internal tools to make us more efficient. Setting up new efficiency programs for our utility clients is the lifeblood of Opower and the Associate Professional Services role is critical to Opower’s success!
- Communicate with the IT resources of the utility company client to explain requirements and coordinate proper transfer of utility data.
- Analyze, transform, and load utility data from the utility clients.
- Configure and customize Opower’s energy efficiency software to meet the specific needs of each client.
- Maintain and provide escalated support for the utility energy efficiency programs after launch for the duration of the utility contract.
- Willing to travel nationally and internationally up to 15%.
About YouWe are looking for individuals with a solid, broad base of technical fundamentals who are seeking a high-paced, dynamic environment in which to expand and hone their arsenal of technical skills.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or any other Engineering degree.
- You have exposure to SQL. We use MySQL, but experience with Oracle, SQL Server, or other databases is valuable.
- You have experience with Linux or any flavor of UNIX and are not afraid of the command line.
- You have basic exposure to web programming. Most of our code is in Java, but Ruby, Perl, Python, even VBA have their places too.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must and you enjoy working with teams and clients!
- You are a perfectionist with a knack for sniffing out issues and solving them.
- You are a smart, talented, diamond-in-the-rough engineer, looking for an exciting, high-paced company to expand your toolbox and master your skills.
Share this job: http://opower.com/job/oknbXfwz